7/31/2013

Emperor's Light vs Shadow in the Warp

Finally got a game in last night. It was against Blake's Tyranids. I hadn't faced them in years, so I made an all-new list to combat them. It could've used a little more tweaking, but it served its purpose and I won with it. Although I've faced Tyranids before, I'd never encountered such a psyker-heavy force. I didn't even know Tyranids had psykers aside from Zoanthropes.

I will say, though, that my Land Speeders came in via deep strike and mostly landed on-target, inflicting vital wounds on enemy creatures. My Predator and Whirlwind only got one round of firing before being blown up by a flying Hive Tyrant. It was ugly. Very ugly.

Raveners attacking my Land Raider. Good luck rolling 7s.
Around turn three, Blake forgot that Raveners couldn't even glance AV14 on a rending hit and had his unit assault my Land Raider Crusader instead of my Rhino. Next turn, the Land Raider reversed, opened fire, and pretty much annihilated the entire unit. It was pretty awesome.

"Reverse! Open fire!"

My squad of Terminators also disembarked that turn and assaulted a Tervigon, punching the monstrous creature into mush.

This is going to hurt.

Alas, a Swarmlord slaughtered the squad holding my deployment's objective. It took two lucky turns worth of movement and running for a second squad to reach and retake it, just as the game ended.

It was a good game that I just barely won by a single victory point. We both held an objective, we both slew each others Warlord, and neither of our units were in enemy deployment zones. My success was achieved solely by getting First Blood. I look forward to facing Tyranids again, as they're a very interesting army to play against. I had almost forgotten that.

No comments:

Post a Comment