8/02/2011

Round Five: No Chance

Guess what! Yup, another loss. Both Daniel and I got massacred. I was tabled by the end of turn four by Imperial Guard.

"Open fire!"
I did manage to blow up a tank and a kill off a Command Squad though. Aside from that, I didn't stand much of a chance to begin with.

In my defense, I used the exact same anti-Ork list as last week. Go on, ask me why I didn't take any anti-mech.

First, I just don't care anymore. It's at the point now in the league where my team hasn't won a single game, and we're in dead last. There's no chance of making a comeback, so I simply wanted to see how long my force could last unprepared against mechanized Guard.

And second, my opponent Willem is almost impossible to beat. He just builds spammy, tank-heavy lists that are practically unstoppable.

Next week is the final game for our team in the Summer League. I believe there will also be a pizza party, so that's about the only thing to look forward to for me.

I'm not a sore loser, but I certainly won't be doing another league/tournament again. If it was free, I wouldn't be so bothered by it. But I paid $20 to get in, and now I see what a waste it was. Oh well. You live and you learn, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment