5/19/2011

Side Project

Let it be known at the beginning of this post: I am not boycotting Games Workshop or quitting Warhammer 40,000. I'm still very much into 40K now as I ever have been before. That being said, Warhammer 40,000 is a game of medium to large scale battles, with no true progression. In it you essentially play a general, sending your forces to war.

What I'm currently interested in is being a character. That's right, I'm looking to get back into RPGs.

Yes, I know there's Rogue Trader, Dark Heresy, and Deathwatch, but if I'm to start something different, I'd like it to be in an entirely separate universe.

I already own Dungeons & Dragons v3.5 and Rifts. My problems are the communities. Dungeons & Dragons and Rifts can be amazingly fun, but it's relatively hard to find a good gaming group. Especially for Rifts, which in my opinion is a better system and universe than D&D has to offer. But that's just my opinion.

I'm thinking about getting into BattleTech. I like the concept of having giant robot vehicles battling it out, and then progressing my character through the MechWarrior system.

Call me crazy, but I don't always want to be the commander overlooking a battlefield. Sometimes I want to be the guy on the front lines risking life or limb for my faction.

I've ordered the BattleTech 25th Anniversary boxed set, so we'll see what comes of it, if anything. For all I know, it could end up like my Magic: The Gathering gaming: non-existent.

No comments:

Post a Comment