3/29/2011

Steamrolled

I managed to get a game in tonight of 40K, but I was so, so rusty. I wrote up a 1250pts list to battle an Orks army, and while I did lose the game, I feel confident in the list - it was just astonishingly poor dice rolling that led to my force's demise.

A lucky glance destroyed my Whirlwind's main weapon.
I was able to kill many, but was still overrun.
I didn't use Drop Pod Assault and suffered for it.
But, I was still able to kill a bunch of Orks with my Dreadnought
(see large empty space).

By turn four I was pretty much tabled. The linchpin to my tactics was the Whirlwind, and since it got destroyed in the first turn before I even had a chance to fire it, I knew I was pretty much doomed from there on. However, I refused to go down without a fight, and tried to kill as many of the Orks as I could.

On a separate topic, my terrain is coming along rather well, I think. I have a few pictures here of my completed Icarus-pattern lascannon.

While at the Whiz tonight, I was able to see first-hand the new Grey Knights models for the Stormraven and Dreadknight. I must say, the Stormraven looks meh, but the Dreadknight is awesome. Also, Dorian was kind enough to order pizzas to mark the end of the winter league.

I, for one, cannot wait for the summer league and any campaigns. One thing I really love to do is embellish my models with medals and icons won from participating in lengthy campaigns. Recently I've also found an interest in "scarring" my vehicles, which is essentially displaying battle damage.

I've still got a quad-gun to paint, as well as the Land Raider Crusader. Might also do some more finishing touches on the crashed Aquila Lander.

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. i dig the red orks

    inspires me to do fel orcs or some equiv

    ReplyDelete