3/15/2011

Learn to Crawl

With only an hour remaining until game time, I finished painting my Rhino. Unfortunately, it never saw the battlefield because I used a previous army list in a match.

Next up in the painting queue is the Land Raider Crusader. I'm both excited yet wary of starting such a project. It's roughly twice the size of a Rhino, with many more details. Should be a challenge.

Tonight's game was an interesting one: not taken seriously and incredibly lax on any formalities. Rather than playing Jesse's Chaos Marines, I faced Erica using Jesse's Chaos Marines. Apparently she hadn't built enough of her Tyranids to play with them but still wanted to experience a demo.

I did warn her early on that she should buy only a few units at a time, build and paint them, then get more. Otherwise people can easily overwhelm themselves.

However, for her first game, she did pretty good. Jesse was there to help her with rules and guidance, which seemed helpful.

Our match ended in a draw, with no sure victor in sight. After the match had been called, we continued a melee between a Daemon Prince and my Commander and Chaplain. It went on for a few rounds, but eventually my tag-teaming HQs managed to slay the monstrous creature.

Hopefully next week she'll have her own models built so she can play them. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment