2/09/2011

Destroy Their Armor

Unbeknownst to me, last night was the opening night of the winter league at the Whiz. Not being able to afford the $30 buy-in, I wasn't able to join but I did sit in on the rules and aspects of the league.

It honestly seems like a great event, but I just can't afford it right now. If they do a summer league, which I'm betting they will, I'll certainly join it if I can.

I did manage to get a game in, though, and I lost miserably. Lately, I've just been getting mowed down, and I've been making terrible tactical decisions. In my earlier games I'd forget a special rule or build a terrible list. Now I'm just making stupid deployments and moves.

I won't lie, there's a lot on my mind these past couple months and it's definitely affecting my tactics.


But anyway, my opponent fielded Imperial Guard, which I absolutely despise. It's not that I think they're unbeatable, but I believe them to be generally overpowered. And I base this not on math-hammer or the unit entries, but by experience playing them.

However, I don't turn down offers to throw down, so I gave it my all and was tabled by turn five.

The two mistakes I made were:
Not keeping my Terminators in reserve
and deep striking them.
Spreading my army out too much. My
Devastators saw little to no action.
The Annihilation match ended something like 7-3, I think, and it was just bad on my part. I really don't have an anti-IG list, and I need to work on that. Even my anti-Marines list could use some work. I guess I'm just best at building an anti-horde force.

When it comes to destroying vehicles, or monstrous creatures, I just can't seem to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment