8/03/2010

One Step Closer

Well, a lot of things happened since my last update.

I took part in another installment of the summer campaign at the Whiz last Tuesday, and faced off against Necrons. It was my first time battling them, in a Planetstrike mission, and I'm happy to report I won. It was incredibly close, and I had an amazingly lucky first turn.

With my initial bombardments, I took out most of his Destroyers (I think he had about nine originally, and was then reduced to about three before using the We'll Be Back rule).

During deployment, my opponent put all of his Warriors into two bunkers. When the game started, I used the strategem 'Teleport Barrage', and took out nine of his Necrons from one bunker (leaving only four within). The other bunker held 14 still, but I was quite happy using this tactic.

Then, to add insult to injury, I was able to actually destroy one of his two Monoliths while still on the first turn. That made me overjoyed.

The rest of the game was pretty much just me trying to phase him out. I wasn't entirely satisfied with this win due to how close the game ended; I really wanted a crushing victory more than a close-call. Oh well, I'm not complaining!

In other news, I bought some new primer for my models. I decided that $15 was too much for a can of Games Workshop's, and even $12 was too much for Battlefront's, so I bargain shopped at Wal-Mart and came across a can of black Krylon: Fusion for only $4.34. I've been using it, and it works (and looks) exactly the same as Games Workshop's but $10 cheaper! So glad I got it.

I've also been painting my Terminators, some terrain (gun emplacements and barricades), and a model I've been working on for years that I call Captain Killmatic. He's a secret project, and only two other people have ever seen him. When he's done, people will love him. He's one of my best conversions yet.

On Saturday there's going to be a "megabattle" at the Whiz, for people to bring 2,000 points worth of their army (or multiples of). Registration is at 9am, so hopefully I'll be attending. And next Tuesday continues our campaign.

But that's about all for now, I think. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment