8/09/2010

Everybody Scream

Saturday's megabattle went really well, despite losing due to having to end it early. It took about seven hours to get to the end of turn three. Had it gone on, my team would've won.

Here are some highlights.

My army's deployment. I held a Dreadnought in a Drop Pod in reserve. With all this firepower defending, I really thought we had a chance of eliminating the advancing hordes before they reached the objectives.

The Ork and Tyranid threats were very intimidating. Thankfully I didn't have to deal with the Stompa, or hundreds of Orks. This is only a small portion of the full Ork tide on this table.

Unfortunately, I did have to face a bunch of big Tyranids and mechanized Orks.

Surprisingly, the Imperial Guard's Baneblade was mostly useless, killing only a few units before the mechanized Orks destroyed it.

Although we did manage to take out a considerable amount of the enemy, they still overran us and ended up capturing the objectives. Had we gone on to a turn four, or more, my ground units would've opened fire on the enemies above, and then some Valkyries full of Space Wolves would've been hot-dropped right onto the landing pad to take it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment