7/07/2010

Throwing Fire

The past few nights I've spent re-painting my earlier models. When I first started my army, my paint schemes were erratic and inconsistent.

I've touched up Commander Shinra, Librarian Dante, and Chaplain Voytek.

I also completely re-painted my missile launcher Devastator Marines. For some reason, long ago, I decided that Marines wielding missile launchers were going to have reversed color schemes from regular infantry. Where normal troops have black, they have red (and vice versa) except for the shoulder pads and helmet.

It never made sense for me to single out missile launchers from standard or other heavy/special weapons troops, so I brought them in line with the other heavy/special weapons Marines.

So, at long last, here's my paint scheme system, which is based on rank:

   Terminators: Solid red with gold helmets.
   Sergeants: Solid red with normal helmets (black grills).
   Assault Marines: Red and black, with normal helmets (black grills).
   Heavy/Special Marines: Red and black, with normal helmets (black grills).
   Standard Marines: Red and black, with normal helmets (silver grills).

However, my three HQs have unique color schemes. Typically they follow the red and black combination, but with many more decorations, commendations and eccentricities. They're "independent characters" for a reason!

In other painting news, I've completed a second Terminator. Only a few remain now. I'm actually surprised at how quickly I'm getting them painted. Plus, they look really good. I should have them finished in a matter of weeks, possibly even before next Tuesday's campaign!

Well, I'm going to do some more painting tonight. Maybe I can finish up a third Terminator. I doubt it, but who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment