6/27/2010

The Body Count is Growing

So I finally figured out what I'm going to do for the Terminator helmets. As shown below, the helmet will primarily be gold with silver for the mouth grill.

With this scheme, the eyes can maintain the same red as the rest of my army's infantry, while the gold adds to the prestige of the model by subtlety standing out.

I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to paint the models' right hands red or black. Since my army's colors are red and black, I think it'd be wise to leave a little black (aside from the "soft/joint" parts of the armor) to help blend in. On the other hand, I think it might look good red too.

My biggest concern is that the Blood Angels chapter (which my army is always confused for) makes the left hands' powerfists black, and the right hands red. I don't want to make it seem like I'm playing off their scheme (reversing it). I have a hard enough time as it is getting my army accepted and recognized as a chapter of my own imagining.

Anyway, my first Terminator is nearly done, so I'll probably post a picture or two of it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment