1/31/2010

Victory

When I arrived this morning, the guys were already playing two one-on-one games. Chris was playing against his brother John, trying to teach him the game, while Jared's new Space Marines and Rob's Witch Hunters faced off. Steve wasn't able to attend today.

After Rob and Jared finished, I played a 2,000 points match against Rob's new Tyranids.

It was chaotic, to say the least.

We started the game with my army in full display... and the only unit Rob had on the field was his Hive Tyrant. The rest of his army was deploying via deep strike. Oh joy.

I took a few shots at his Hive Tyrant, a couple hit but nothing wounded... and then the Mycetic Spores began to fall.

By turn three, almost all of his army had arrived... and landed with accurate precision. My Marines fought off the majority of his infantry: they basically shredded most of the Termagaunts and Genestealers with their bolters, double tapping every chance they got.

Using psychic powers from a unit of Zoanthropes, Rob was able to destroy both of my Dreadnoughts. Thankfully for me, though, all of the attacks he targeted at my Whirlwind and Predator failed.

Soon after, my Assault Squad made a mockery of his Zoanthropes.

On the other side of the battlefield, my Land Speeder Squadron inflicted two wounds (out of four) on his Carnifex, just before the hulking beast charged into a Combat Squad and annihilated four of the five Marines. The lone survivor, a sergeant, failed his morale check and was forced to fall back - thus saving his life! If he had passed the test, he would've been the killing machine's next victim (making the game a draw).

The final score was 3-2 (KP). It was a great game, and I look forward to our next battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment